As someone who's made this his central theme for almost 30 years I’ve compiled a selection of material here on money. What you'll read was a "temporary posting" in 2006 and though the financial landscape has been through enormous changes since then the content here is virtually unchanged. The reason for this is that my focus has always concerned itself with shedding light on the longer-term dynamics. And these don't change so fast. Whether you’re a financial expert or novice you’ll find new stuff here since the content has been researched from first principles. My intention is to help everyone, whatever their state of knowledge or finances, navigate the practical essentials of this vast subject in the shortest time possible.
You can start by clicking on
The Subliminal Messages about money. Check out to what extent these apply to you and how they set the frame of (y)our everyday economic environment.
Then have a look and a laugh at my list of
Favourite Quotations by famous people, followed by
The short History of Money. Written in 1998, 14 years into my research I leave it unchanged as the history has remained the same and you’ll see the part that’s prophetic is realising itself. Optional is a brief subset of conclusions on the Future of Money, drafted at a workshop in 2001 and again prophetic. And for those interested exclusively in deepening their knowledge on design of monetary systems there are links to my favourite experts on the subject.
All this should be readable in 5 minutes.
However, my interest in money has been more than the surface designs of these money systems. The central focus since 1984 has been to understand the underlying human dynamics that have led to their specific creation, individually and collectively. Because let’s be clear: Money, unlike something in nature - a tree or your liver - is a human creation, so we should be able to understand exactly how we influence its manifestation and how it influences us. Only through this understanding - which is not self-evident and not to be found in universities or business schools - can we really master money and use it freely and constructively as opposed to being limited and driven by a set of inherently stable but often unhealthy compulsions.
If you’re interested to explore the subject further here is what’s on offer:
1. “30 Lies about Money”, a short book based on working with hundreds of real, live situations in money fora and seminars. It contains the essentials to help you understand your own particular relation to money and free you to do (even) more of what you want to do be doing than presently. At the same time you’ll understand better why things run the way they run in the organisations you’re associated with, at work, home, in your financial partnerships personal and professional, and in the world as a whole.
2. A series of seminars, presentations and trainings with the same purpose as 30 Lies about Money:
- A Money Seminar for individuals, enabling you to research first, and then consciously develop your own particular monetary path, congruent with your life goals.
- A Seminar for Couples, as above but focussed on the relationship
- A Training for Consultants and Therapists to integrate the methodology developed in the book and money seminars, into their work with clients
- A Money Seminar for Executive Teams, especially those aspiring to be what might be called Social Business Enterprises.
Should you have an interest in "Money and Spirituality” I set out a special description of this work so you can see how these are interlinked. Included is “10 Theses”, a controversial perspective on the present state of the world, humanity’s part and the role of money - prepared for a monetary reform conference in 2005. Again this is short and quick to read.
Thank you for your interest.